Monday, 28 September 2026

Sept 28, 2026

 Hello! Here's what we're up to today:

  • Checking in
  • Recapping last week
  • Eng 9
  • Eng 12
    • Returning to "This is Water"
      • What literary terms and critical lenses can you apply?
      • In what way are you the young fish?
      • How does this connect to the other two texts?
    • Returning A1 - yay! A few notes:
      • Your feedback is in the third person. This is because I'm selfish, and am using this as an opportunity to create your interim report card comment at the same time. Everyone got a positive note, and a note on what to focus on for the future
      • I'll be collecting this assignment today - feel free to take pictures
      • I encourage you to see this as the beginning of a conversation about marks - the value of this assignment is purposefully low
      • I usually don't tell you what mistakes you've made, but rather circle them. Your task is to figure out what's wrong, and fix it. If you can't, ask, and I'll let you know
      • I am truly sorry about my bad writing
      • You have the right to challenge!
      • You have the right to redo!
        • A redo would mean starting from scratch under the exact same conditions, without notes and without my feedback.
    • Update on A3 - I've changed the task, to avoid too much emphasis on literary analysis
      • Examples and rubric
      • Time to begin planning

No comments:

Post a Comment